30.11.11

the eve of our voyage.




***

2.8.11

It was 9pm and Emily and I had arrived at our grandparents house, ready for the day of travelling ahead of us. I took the last few moments before our early night to take a few pictures of the sunset that had licked its warm, pink-orange light lovingly over the river and onto my skin and had begun to fade into a cool, purple-hued evening sky. The reflections of the soft clouds in the water made the water ethereal and beautiful and the pair of swans gliding casually along the surface added an element of magic and fairytale to the evening. It was as if they were sailing over a wondrous other-world, just beneath ours, that was coming to life as ours faded into a quiet slumber-state and I was the only one lucky enough to catch those hazy glimpses of it. It made my imagination buzz and buzz and I welcomed sleep gladly, inviting lovely dreams to guide me into the early hours of tomorrow. For tomorrow, we'd all journey to Portsmouth, board a ferry and sail the Channel over to Normandy, before driving for hours and hours, all the way down to Concarneau (our final destination), whizzing past fields and farms and all things French. The anticipation and excitement was fizzing at our fingertips and eyelashes. :) 

***

Hello! How are you all today? Having a good week so far? I hope so :) Okay, let me get to the point. This has been a long time in the running and I've finally got holiday-related posts to share with you all. So! Prepare for the spam that is 15 days worth of pictures and little stories that I collected during our holiday in Concarneau (or, to be more precise, Cabellou) at the beginning of August. I hope you like them all... :) and I hope I don't bore you all too much with everything. I have so many photos to share with you all, so I may post them without a little paragraph or story to go with it for a little while, and then go back to them at a later date- but I'm sure the pictures will tell you a little bit of what happened during that day! These are extremely belated posts, as I'd wanted to get them all done before I moved down to Swansea for uni, but alas, time got away from me, and so, almost four months after the event, I have finally got around to sorting through them all and I've nearly finished, et voilĂ ! Here are 15 days, 3,000+ photos, instax and (too many) rolls of film, all summed up and condensed down into a dozen and a bit blogposts. Hopefully, I'll do them justice- I'm not always very good at putting all of my thoughts into words but fingers crossed, it'll be okay! Well, I hope that you're all happy and well, whoever you may be :) 

Lots of love,
Mari-ann xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment